A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total booking is required within three days from the date of confirmation. The balance payment is due at 45 days prior to tour commencement date. For bookings made less than 45 days, full payment is required. Bookings will be cancelled if payments are not received by the due date(s).
Payment can be made via bank transfer or credit cards. In addition to the total payable amount, credit card payments will incur a merchant fee of 2.5% for MasterCard and Visa, 3% for American Express. Any bank charges and merchant fees must be covered by the customer.
Confirmed bookings must be cancelled by the party leader in writing (by email) and this will only be effective once the written cancellation is confirmed by ATA Holidays. Cancellation by the party leader will be subject to the following cancellation fees from the date the written cancellation is received:
• more than 45 days prior to tour date - loss of deposit
• between 31 and 45 days prior to tour date - 25% of total cost
• between 16 and 30 days prior to tour date - 50% of total cost
• within 15 days prior to tour date or “no show” - 100% of total cost.
Any amendments to confirmed bookings must be requested by the party leader in writing (by email). Whilst we will endeavor to assist, we cannot guarantee that requests will be met. If we can make the requested change, you will be provided with a quote detailing any additional costs, whether incurred due to your amendments, imposed by a Third-Party Travel Provider, or our amendment fees. In all cases, the following amendment fees shall apply:
• If amendments are made more than 45 days prior to scheduled tour date: the first amendment is free of charge. From the second amendment: a charge of A$100 per amendment for a short trip (less than 7 nights) or A$200 per amendment for a long journey (7 nights or more).
• If amendments are made within 45 days prior to arrival – the above standard cancellation fees will apply, and full price will apply to new travel arrangements.
We will not charge any cancellation/amendment fees if it is due to a breach by us of any of our obligations or due to our fault; or if the Third-Party Travel Provider amends your booking through no fault of the customer.
Please read our full General Booking Conditions here.
COVID-19 RELATED POLICIES
If you can’t travel as a direct result of Covid-19 related matters, ATA Holidays will:
• allow you to change the dates of your holiday; or
• offer you a credit for another holiday, minus any unrecoverable costs imposed by Third-Party Travel Providers; or
• give you a refund, minus any unrecoverable costs imposed by Third-Party Travel Providers.
This policy is only valid if the ability to travel is beyond your control. You are required to provide reasonable documentation confirming that your inability to travel is due to Covid-19 related matters. For cancellations or modifications due to reasons not related to Covid-19, our standard policies as stipulated in our terms and conditions apply.